How do these patches work?
- These are small, adhesive patches that absorb pus and oil from acne blemishes.
- Provide a healing, moist environment.
- Protect the area from bacterial contamination by lowering the pH levels thereby creating an acidic environment.
- Deliver active ingredients such as salicylic acid or tea tree oil, both of which are very effective in acne treatment.
How to use?
- Cleanse your face and gently pat your face with a facial tissue / face towel.
- Apply the patch onto the zit.
- Leave it overnight.
- Remove the patch slowly and repeat the process if needed.
These patches claim that it could be used every day and that make up could cover up its appearance. Well, I don’t really agree with that, it shows up on your face pretty clearly that you have a sticker on. Hence, I would suggest using it overnight.
In-depth details on how they work?
The internal layer of the patch contains molecules of cardoxymethycellulose suspended in gelatin, which acts as a delivery system to carry the active ingredients to the acne/zit. This suspension is referred to as a hydrocolloid. This suspension then acts on the pus produced by the zit and absorbs it.
Acne Patch review:
This one is from a Korean brand “COSRX”. The packet contains 24 patches with 3 different sizes. These patches are packed into a sachet with a seal. The seal lock packaging makes it easier to use and store it. This also helps in avoiding any sort of bacterial contamination, moisture and dust.
- 9 large ones : 12mm
- 5 medium ones: 10mm
- 10 small ones: 7mm
Love Yourself, Love your Skin! 🙂