Do you want to stick to your diet as planned? Well, smart and healthy snacking is going to be your friend in this whole process of weight loss or even just maintaining a good, healthy diet!
There has been a misconception about the term “snack”. We assume that “snacks” are high – calorie, processed foods. However the term “snacking” is nothing but consuming any type of food between your major meals ie; breakfast, lunch and dinner. There have been studies trying to prove if snacking helps in improving metabolism – No studies have actually proven this statement as of yet.
So lets look at what are the possible points that make snacking a good healthy habit:
- Healthy snacking could help you indulge with healthier food options.
- It could help you maintain a controlled calorie diet.
- It could help you have a control over yourself thereby preventing you from overeating during your main meals.
- It helps to manage your hunger without adding on those extra calories into your diet.
You could consider:
- Fruits: Any fruit including a banana, berries, apple and so on
- Veggies: cherry tomatoes, baby carrots
- Fox seeds, popcorn
- Dry fruits / Nuts including: walnuts, pecans, almonds.
- Granola bars
- Hard boiled egg
- Dark Chocolate 😊
The most important point to be noted here is to consider healthy and smart snacks that would content your hunger as well as keep your calorie intake in check. By doing this you are not only curbing your hunger but also adding in some good amount of energy in your body!
So, what are you snacking on right now? Let me know in the comments what are your healthy snack options. I would love to hear back from you guys! 😊
Until next time, Eat Smart – Stay Healthy!